This is where opportunity lives.
Hire KC is the largest provider of paid experiences in the KC region!
We help high school and college students find and get paid projects, internships and jobs that will set you up for success, and a great future.
SKILL BUILDERS SERIES
The Skill Builders Series aims to help students accelerate their professional development, occupational identity and to illuminate career pathways in order to more successfully engage in future-casting, and participate in real-world projects and work-based experiences.
Successful completers earn three Hire KC Pathway badges and the Hire KC Leadership badge.
The Skill Builders Series is Open July 30th to August 17th, 2020
Students > Apply Now
PRO TIP: High school students can earn $150 and all four Hire KC Skill Builders badges by completing all the requirements!
Skill Builders starts off with the essential skill of Building a LinkedIn Profile, then forks into two distinct tracks:
- Leadership Series – fast track your future with modeled leadership from KC icons and leaders – sharing a focus on positive influence and community impact. Leaders include former Mayor Sly James, Mayor Quinton Lucas, Dr. Kim Beatty, Wendy Guillies, Justice Horn, Dr. Mark Bedell, and more. Click here to see the full line-up.
- Skill Builders – Badge-earning playlists
If you successfully complete both Skill tracks (Skill Builders & Leadership), you’ll earn all four badges. Plus, current high school students can earn $150!
Spots are limited. Getting started is simple – follow these steps!
- Create a new account OR Sign in to your account
- Complete your student profile
- Click “Experiences” in the left margin
- Scroll down to “Skill Builders: Professional Learner”
- Click Apply
- Complete the short questionnaire
- Click Submit