How Hire KC Works with Schools
Hire KC is the primary funnel of youth engagement for internships in the KC Region. Participation is open to all high school and college students from the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area, and our service area includes Jackson, Cass, Clay, and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
To schedule a school site presentation or visit from the Hire KC team — Email Us .
The Hire KC program consists of the following core components for Schools:
- Access to general coordination and sourcing of paid work-based experiences, youth jobs, and learning opportunities
- Access to LaunchPath – a work-based experience marketplace* through a dashboard that includes:
- Collaborative space to work with colleagues and/or district or direct service providers
- Regional events calendar – place to post relevant events on shared calendar
- Student communication – ability for schools or programs to see all communications between students and employers; including messaging, internship/job applications, internship/job acceptance or denial and student evaluations
- Ability to make work-based experience requests for internships, site tours, speakers, projects and more.
- Ability to make special requests through Hire KC (i.e. judge for science project, or employer for career fair)
- Access to LaunchPath, career fair and other interactive or learning events
- Centralized youth success program, including:
- Branding and marketing
- Employer, school and youth engagement
- Collaboration and alignment with workforce agencies
- Access to digital resources and tools for youth, including: online learning, digital badges, curated professional development and leadership workshops, plus service-based experiences.
*Pilot launches Spring 2019
INTERNSHIP SERVICES FOR SCHOOLS
Tap into Hire KC’s inventory of curated internships and work-based experiences for high school juniors/seniors and college students – designed to support experiential learning, career pathways and readiness for students.
- Semester-based internships – launching January 2020
- Summer internship program includes:
- School Engagement – posters, flyers, email news, on-site presentations.
- Internship Opportunity Board – accessible at hirekc.org.
- Common Application for Students – centralized starting point to apply.
- Internship and Job-based Student Events – check the calendar for upcoming events.
Expertise and development in 1) work-based experience planning, 2) pathway development, 3) college and career readiness, preparation and training, and 4) direct student work-based experience curation (i-ships and projects).
CAREER & JOB EVENTS
Custom designed and organized events around career sectors, pathways or direct employment.
Custom badging and credentials that support pathways, common sector competencies or indicators of skill mastery or achievement.