This is where opportunity lives.
Hire KC is the largest provider of paid experiences in the KC region!
We help high school and college students find and get paid projects, internships and jobs that will set you up for success, and a great future.
Internship are now closed for the summer.
Hire KC is the largest provider of paid summer internships in the KC region. As we approached Summer 2020, and its devastating impact from COVID-19, we quickly pivoted to an all virtual experience, and successfully connected dozens of interns to a variety of virtual internships at the City of Kansas City, Missouri and local nonprofit organizations.
This year Hire KC launched a youth opportunity relief program to help give students access to skill-building virtual experiences that allow them to earn while they learn.
We believe an internship is a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work related to a career pathway. And, all Hire KC internships are paid. Full stop.
- Opportunity Guidelines > a Hire KC internship
- Is paid or is eligible for high school or college credit.
- Consists of a part-time or full-time work schedule that generally includes no more than 25% clerical or administrative duties.
- Provides a clear job/project description for the work experience.
- Orients the student to the organization, its culture and proposed work assignment(s).
- Helps the student develop and achieve learning goals.
- Offers regular feedback to the student intern.
- Takes place at a quality worksite that includes:
- a caring adult who provides work-related support and feedback, and promotes development of 21st century skills.
- a safe environment that adheres to all laws and regulations governing youth participation in the workforce, and comply with all youth safety measures.