Join us in supporting opportunity equity with a donation to support interns through Hire KC and Working For Youth.
What Hire KC offers local employers:
Hire KC focuses on summer, fall and spring internships, where we match and place students in hundreds of paid experiences, and coach them through their internships. We also provide employers the ability to post external full-time, part-time and seasonal jobs in the Accelerator – so that opportunities are easy to find and access for all students.
2021 Summer Internships
Hire KC accelerates work-readiness for high school and college students, and youth ages 16+.
Right now, we have committed to put 250 youth ages 14-18 into 8-week internships, along with Entrepreneurship KC who will focus on 4-week project-based internships, for a total of 500 paid slots designated for zip codes where these kinds of transformative experiences can change future trajectories and create a ripple of healthy outcomes for all involved.
- There are over 30,000** Kansas City youth, aged 16-24, who are not working and not currently participating in school.
- Employers need a more skilled workforce.
- Greater Kansas City Area has the 12th largest percentage of population under 18 years of age in the U.S.**
- Teens who work are 86% more likely to be employed the next year.*
- Participation in a work-based learning activity can increase a young person’s salary by as much as 11% for up to eight years after high school.*
- Older youth have almost a 100% chance of being employed if they worked more than 40 weeks the previous year.***
We need employers big and small, from all corners of the city to step up and host interns this summer.
Will you join us?