Join us in supporting opportunity equity with a donation to support interns through Hire KC and Working For Youth.
What Hire KC offers local employers:
Hire KC focuses on summer, fall and spring internships, where we match and place students in hundreds of paid experiences, and coach them through their internships. We also provide employers the ability to post external full-time, part-time and seasonal jobs in the Accelerator – so that opportunities are easy to find and access for all students.
2021 Summer Internships are now closed.
Please subscribe to our news and updates to stay connected to the Hire KC timeline and opportunities for next year!
Hire KC accelerates work-readiness for high school and college students, and youth ages 16+.
- There are over 30,000** Kansas City youth, aged 16-24, who are not working and not currently participating in school.
- Employers need a more skilled workforce.
- Greater Kansas City Area has the 12th largest percentage of population under 18 years of age in the U.S.**
- Teens who work are 86% more likely to be employed the next year.*
- Participation in a work-based learning activity can increase a young person’s salary by as much as 11% for up to eight years after high school.*
- Older youth have almost a 100% chance of being employed if they worked more than 40 weeks the previous year.